clubs inaugural match was on 4th August 1860, on the
Glebe Field, west of St Aidan's
Church, Bamburgh. It was led by Reverend William Darnell
M.A., then Vicar of St Aidan's who resided in
Glebe House. There was a marquee from which
refreshments were provided for the large turn out of spectators.
Who Bamburgh's opponents were or indeed the result is not known.
The club moved down to play on Castle Green when this was landscaped
by Lord Armstrong around 1895 when the first pavilion was
Bits from the archive
Click below to see our
Fixture card from the 1988 season!
bill for cricket teas from Clark's for 1949